Come join in the celebrations the Holbrook Community hosts throughout the year. Or for the casual person, come enjoy our walking trails and outdoor recreation.
- Lions Club Consignment Auction (yearly) which draws a crowd of nearly 2,000 people from all parts of the Midwest.
- Holbrook Days is an annual event held the last weekend in June with a parade, livestock judging, antique tractor pull, road rally, street dance and the one-of-a-kind RiverRat Volleyball held in the Republican River.
- Traditional Carp Shoot held the second weekend in June.
- Hog Roast held the first weekend of pheasant season is hosted by the fire department, EMTs, and the Holbrook Days Committee .
- Burton’s Bend Music Fesitval held the first weekend in August.
Residents as well as visitors enjoy the city park complete with a walking trail and playground equipment. Enjoy overnight camping facilities with RV parking and picnic facilities.
Take a short drive to watch a movie at Arapahoe’s movie theater. Cool off during the summer heat in swimming pools in Cambridge & Arapahoe. Other fun activities to enjoy include a bowling alley and an 18-hole golf course in Cambridge, as well as a 9-hole golf course in Arapahoe.
Christmas-time finds everyone enjoying the hayrack ride with caroling and gift baskets for all of the residents.
The Republican River runs through Furnas County and is within easy walking distance south of Holbrook. Fishing is good most of the year, and tubing down the river is always a fun way to spend the day. Harry Strunk Lake is just north of Cambridge and only 20 minutes from Holbrook.This is one of Nebraska’s most beautiful lakes with lots of campsites and Medicine Creek Lodge offers food, fishing and camping supplies. Also within easy driving range is Harlan County Reservoir in Alma and Johnson Lake just south of Lexington.